Kimmel Foundation Scholarships (2009-2010)
Department of Construction Management
Undergraduate & Graduate Scholarships
from the Kimmel Endowment
For students wishing to pursue a Bachelors of Science
degree in Construction Management
- Several 2009-2010 $5,000.00 Scholarships will be awarded.
Criteria for Undergraduate Application:
- High school graduates who have been admitted to Western Carolina University must meet and be admitted to The Honors College also by having a 3.75 GPA and 1250 SAT (old scoring) or 30 ACT and a ranking in the top 10% of their class.
- Activities in High School will be considered strongly.
- Two letters of recommendations (not from family members).
- Employment history will be considered strongly.
- 1-2 Page essay of “Why you Want to Major in Construction Management” (Double spaced in 12-point Times New Roman font).
- Note: North Carolina State residents living in the Western North Carolina counties of Ashe, Avery, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Cherokee, Clay, Cleveland, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania, Watauga, and Yancey will be giving preference for the undergraduate In-State scholarship.
- Undergraduate Application
Criteria for Graduate Application:
- Must have a 3.0 GPA for the last two-years of undergraduate work.
- Must have a completed a bachelors degree from an accredited university.
- Must obtain either scores of either GRE 1000 or GMAT 500.
- Must have at least two-years of project management experience and be working in a project management position.
- Must have completed at least one course each in accounting, business law, economics, and statistics at the undergraduate level.
- Must complete and submit one employer recommendation.
- Must complete a 1-2 page essay of "What do you expect from your MCM degree?" (Double-spaced in 12-point Times New Roman font).
- Must be fully accepted by the Graduate School Criteria for Graduate Continuation.
- Must be enrolled as a Western Carolina University graduate student in the Master of Construction Management (MCM) program.
- Must maintain a semester index of a 3.5 GPA each semester.
- Must maintain a character that reflects positively on the Construction Management program and the university.
- This scholarship will be paid in two payments (amounts to be determined in spring 2009). Fall/spring semester for a 12-month full-time students and fall/fall for a 24-month online student.
- Graduate Application
Kimmel & Associates is one of the largest executive search firms in America specializing in construction.
The Mission Statement of Kimmel & Associates encompasses the values and ethics that dictate the way we conduct ourselves. Our mission is “To assist in the corporate growth of our clients; to assist in the personal growth of our candidates; to grow profitably; and, to honor God in all we do.” This declaration of the principles and practices that motivate Kimmel & Associates explains why we work with diligence and assures those for whom we work that our efforts will be executed ethically and with great determination.